Monday, May 4, 2009

18 months...and counting.






Well I've officially turned 18 months. Where has all this time gone? I am one happy kid, love to keep movin' and love to laugh.

My passion right now is basketball. I LOVE to play and daddy teaches me all sorts of new tricks- like "The Michael Jordan" where I stick my tongue out while I play; he teaches me to squat my knees and guard; to catch; and to dribble. But no one needed to teach me to shoot, I was born with a good over the head shot.

I also love "soos" (or as other people call them "shoes). I like to bring people their soos, put mine on in the morning, and take them off when we come inside. Mama and Daddy took me into a store this weekend and I ran right to the soos rack. I picked up a cool pair of blue puppy rain soos boots. I ran around the store so no one could take them off. But I didnt get them, I had to trade the soos for my binky. I hope to get some soos boots soon.

I am still a great helper. I feed Charlie every day and take him out to go potty. I get his leash, I put my toys away and I help put other things away too. Helping is fun!

I dont like getting dressed or undressed. And I can throw a pretty impressive fit to prove it. But I do like what mama calls "handsome shirts" those are the kinds with buttons. I love wearing cool handsome shirts, and I also like to wear my baseball hat. They say I look handsome in that too. It makes me smile when they call me this so I run to the mirror to check myself out.

I went to my 18 month dr appt. I am 33" tall and 26.8 pounds. This makes me just about perfectly average as Dr. Zorn says. She said that I am way ahead developmentally because I say lots of words and can put words together. I am also very coordinated and strong. She thinks its ok that I still have a couple of bottles each day and that I get a binky. For this, I love Dr.Zorn. But, her nurse and those shots- no way. I scream but I am brave.

Since my last post, I got to spend the weekend with Nana and Bompa while daddy and mama went on vacation for some alone time. I went to the zoo, twice. I've been to the beach lots. And I got a new ball.

Check out some of my favorite moments- shadow stomping with Nana, swinging with Nana and Bompa, sitting on my ball after a long run on the pier, soos boot shopping, the zoo:

No comments: