Monday, July 20, 2009

Plooms






We have a new fun tradition at my house- picking up "plooms" We have a big tree in front of our house that has lots of them growing, hundreds of them! We've had neighbors knock on our door to ask if they can have some and today we made new friends as we passed them out to people walking by. Daddy took me this weekend to pick them up off the ground. And, today Mama took me outside to put them in a basket to share. I said "pick plooms outside" and she knew exactly what I wanted! It was so fun because Iris our neighbor came over. The plooms fall on her yard and she and Mama decided to share the fruit because Iris watered it when it was tiny for the people who lived here before. Iris picked me up and I got to pick some which was so fun. And then she played a funny game where we pretended they were balls. Then Iris took me around her yard with the hose so I could water her plants and I thought it was so funny when I sprayed her with the water! Then me and Iris went in my backyard and I showed her my somersaults. And, then she came over with a hot baked Apple Pie for me! Here are some pictures of our plooms and some pictures of me with Iris.

Pretty soon we'll have Apples and Grapes! And, I'm a great fruit picker!

No comments: