Thursday, October 15, 2009

I'm 2!

Today is my birthday!! I can show you my fingers and tell you I'm "twooooo!"

Its been a fun day. I baked cupcakes last night with mama and daddy and then when I woke up this morning, they were decorated! Before school, I woke up to singing and then daddy made me pancakes with a candle. We sang again! Then I got to open 2 presents- a Pooh & Friends book which I cheered over and some pretend food so I can pretend eat at my little table. Mama and Daddy surprised me at school with a party. We had juice boxes and cupcakes! And the best surprise of all is that daddy brought me back home with him so we could play. For dinner we went to a restaurant where I got a green balloon, a cheeseburger and my favorite- fref fries! They sang to me at the restaurant and made me an ice cream sunday- I've never had one before. I'm also staying up late tonight watching a special daddy movie on the couch.

Its been a fun year. Some highlights:

- A big winter snowstorm and my first big snow fall in Seattle!
- I went to Minnesota to visit Gramma and Auntie Julia and Paul
- I went to Alderbrook with Jack and Bill and Barb and Cheddar and then got to go back with Gramma and Auntie Julia and Paul
- I played soccer and doing gymnastics
- I went to Hawaii
- I went to the zoo, lots!
- I went to Boise to visit my cousins and Auntie Susan & Uncle Brian
- I learned to walk and run and jump and belly flop
- I learned to talk in sentences and sing
- I picked apples and plums
- I flew on airplanes
- I went to the aquarium and the helicopter air show with my cousin Nathan
- I had sleep overs at Nana & Bompa's house
- I grew taller!
- I went to the dentist!

These are just some of my favorite times but mama is going to post some photos looking back on the year, sometime soon.

Right now I am working on going potty in the big potty, drinking only out of a cup, taking a shower by myself and playing the guitar and singing with daddy.

I love being 2! I'm getting to be so big, its fun!

No comments: