Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Woo hoo, I'm O-N-E!


Today was my big 1st birthday. Wow, birthdays sure are fun! I was so excited that I woke up at 1am and up for the day at 6:30! The festivities started right away with presents. I opened lots of presents from my Gramma Mary. And one big toy from my daddy and mama. We sang and danced and played all morning. Nana and Bompa called and sang to me. Then I had a surprise special visit from my Auntie Erin. She made me a monkey cake and brought me a birthday muffin! We laughed and played until I crashed. When I woke up, my mama took me shopping for this funny bib. Then Daddy surprised me and came home early. We went for a long walk in the cold sun and I slept most the way, birthday fun can be tiring. But the fun wasn't over yet. My buddy Jack came over with his mom and dad and their dog. We ate pizza, laughed and played more, opened a cool present (one that I was trying to take from Jack's house last month!) and then the big moment- cupcakes! Everyone sang and I wore this silly hat and I had candles. Mama made a wish for me and then they gave me my very own cupcake. I dove right in. YUMMY! As you can see, when the sugar high wore off, I was ready for a bath and bed. Just before I fell asleep, I got to talk to Grammy Mary on the phone- she sang too!

Everyone called, emailed or sent text messages for my birthday. What a great day. I sure love my birthday. Now, bring on the next party!

No comments: